- Name of Project - West Ansil Project which is a 50/50 JV with Xstrata.
- Project Type - Brownfield
- Location -Duprat township
- Target Minerals - Copper-Gold
- Discovered by Falconbridge Ltd. in 2006 gOcad(c) generated target.
- Historical Resource classified as indicated of 0.53 Mt @ 3.4% Copper, 0.4% Zinc, 1.4 g/t Gold, 9.2 g/t Silver and inferred: 0.60 Mt @ 3.3% Copper, 0.2% Zinc, 0.30 g/t Gold, 5.9 g/t Silver1. No assessment of the potential for profitable extraction of the above tonnage and grade has been made. Future programs under consideration will focus on validating the tonnage and grade identified.
- Ansil Mine which is an adjacent property owned 100% by Falco Pacific, produced from 1989 to 1993 a total of 1.6 Mt @ 2.2 g/t Gold, 26.3 g/t Silver, 7.07% Copper and 1.77% Zinc.
- Geological Summary -
- The West Ansil deposit is located within the Rusty Ridge Formation at the contact between the Rusty Ridge Andesite and Amulet Dacite.
- Comprised of seven (7) separate zones of massive sulphides and/or copper-magnetite stringer zones at the junction of 2 synvolcanic faults on the Corbet Exhalite
- Next Steps - continue to analyze and compile the historic data and determine an initial drill program to test the depth and strike of the mineralization.
1 Technical Report, Alexis/Falconbridge April 2006, Table
The Company advises that the production, tonnage and grades listed above are historical in nature and have not been verified. The category of historical resource does not conform to current CIM definitions. The historical estimates are not supported by a technical report. A qualified person has not done sufficient work necessary to classify the historical estimates as a current mineral resource or mineral reserves. The Company is not treating the historical estimates as current mineral resources and the historical estimate should not be relied upon. Certain information that refers to adjacent or similar mineral properties in respect of which the Company has no rights to mine. Readers are cautioned that the Company has no interest in or right to acquire any interest in any such properties, and that mineral deposits on adjacent or similar properties are not indicative of mineral deposits on the Company's properties.