- Name of Project - Horne West (100% interest) acquired as part of an underlying agreement with Xstrata as a Controlled Property.
- Project Type - Brownfield
- Location - Rouyn Township - 1.5 km west of the Horne mine.
- Target Minerals - Gold-Zinc
- Overview -
- Historic gold resource with excellent expansion opportunities laterally and to depth.
- Located at the base of the stratigraphic sequence hosting the Horne Mine.
- Composed of two zones - West Zone and New Zone.
- Significant historic intersections as seen in the table below which include 9.58 g/t Gold over 10.67 m (core length) and 5.49 g/t Gold over 20.63 m (core length).
- Geological Summary - Gold is related to sulphide stringers and disseminations associated with quartz, chlorite and sericite alteration.
- Next Steps -compile and analyse the historic data leading to an initial drill program to test the depth and strike extent of the mineralization.
The Company advises that the production, tonnage and grades listed above are historical in nature and have not been verified. The category of historical resource does not conform to current CIM definitions. The historical estimates are not supported by a technical report. A qualified person has not done sufficient work necessary to classify the historical estimates as a current mineral resource or mineral reserves. The Company is not treating the historical estimates as current mineral resources and the historical estimate should not be relied upon. Horne West is classified as a Controlled Property in which the Company has an economic interest below 200 meters.